Bytes is built from scratch with performance in mind.
Everything runs natively, there is zero web or Python BS.
Rendering is done on the GPU.
Startup times and UI interactions are instantaneous.
Built-in terminal with VT100 colour support.
Customise everything using a single language.
Parse tokens directly, forget about regex soup.
Enjoy the benefits of a strongly-typed, statically checked language.
Focus on the source code, Bytes handles the rest.
Roadmap to 1.0.0
In no particular order:
- Make a Linux port
- Make a MacOS port
- Fix bugs
- Enhance the documentation
- Support more VT100 sequences
- Speed-up some parts of the editor
- Lower memory consumption
- Output higher quality machine code
- Make a hexadecimal editor?